• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My findings on Drechseln und Mehr Pen finish

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Well today I tried the Drechseln und Mehr Pen finish on the piece of Teak Bill sent me and I must say it is an amazing finish and if I was still making a lot of pens to sell this would probably be my choice of finish it is as tough as old boots I put 3 coats on and the last coat I put on to soon and it ruined the quality of finish so I sanded it of and it took ages to remove so it has to be tough and I think pens finished with it will last a very long time the only down side for me is it does take a lot longer to polish a pen and to me that is the only downfall at least 10 min between coats so I turned and put the first coat on and whilst it was drying I prepared another one
Anyway my finding is if you dont mind it taking longer to finish a pen and a satin finish then this stuff is great and will last a long time well worth a try
DSCF1434.JPGDSCF1435.JPG

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Thank you Woody, that is very informative. I've ordered some so will see how it suits me as I'm and impatient person but I like the results there.

Jim

Grand Master
Thanks for that Woody, the time it takes to polish up a pen was a big factor as to why i don't use it all the time .. But it does give a very good finish .. :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Thinking how long some difficult timbers take to turn worth the wait glad I kept the back to back lathes could try finishing on the other one whilst turning the next.Woody looks good on and your pen is great.:thumbs::thumbs:

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).