• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Buffing your pens

Jim

Grand Master
To be honest Tony, i believe that i get a very good polish without one of these ... :thinks:

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
I have used many a buffing wheel but don't own one and I certainly wouldn't bother with a silly thing like this setup.
Are they seriously trying to sell this idea?
Any fine polishing should be done with soft cotton flails definitely not felt that would scorch the hell out of plastic with one false move.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I use this my variable speed buffer every pen I make. After buffing there are no finger marks has been my experience. Works for me this was a lab stirrer in a previous life with the black knob varying the speed.

Kind regards Peter.:goesred:

Attachments

• DCP_2029.JPG
    DCP_2029.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 55

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
No I don.t buff either.....:thumbs:
Not to say i wouldn't...just don't.
i get a good enough finish without on the materials I turn

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
If i was to get into pen making more and made loads of em then i may just invest in one, but i cant see that happening at the moment. :whistling:

I like the look of penpals, cheap but would do the job. :bwink:

HardingPens

Apprentice Member
Some all-thread rod, nuts, washers, buffing wheels, a Jacob's chuck and a turned bearing holder for the tail stock and you are ready to buff:

Attachments

• lathe-buffer-rs.JPG
    lathe-buffer-rs.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 19
Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).