• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Bolt action pen kits

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
i Want some but i placed my order on monday before he put them up for sale next now :down:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Maybe this is the kit where we need to look at as our 1st member buy? Come on guys these are great looking pens. :bwink:

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Ssssh dont tell everyone he might run out. Have placed a couple of orders over the last hour and need to delay the next one s that it gets a different mail bag and hopefully arrives a day later, might help keep the revenue off the scent! Hope David has done his legal homework on this one. I spoke to Patrick at Wodturningz whilst putting in an order for some other kits on Monday and said that I was amazed that no one had copied it and that they (woodturningz) hadn't been allowed to sell the pen, the response was that PSI normally kept the pen in house in the US until the patent had been successfully awarded. Apparently it costs a packet and takes an age to get a patent in the US. I can see the US lawyers rubbing their litigious hands with glee when they see the TB web site, I wonder if David has had a phone call yet.

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
He is to professional not to do his homework. :bwink:

He is also of Oriental persuasion, put nothing past him we only know what we see.

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
there is a Thread on the iap saying that the only problem will come if they ship them to the usa as that is the only place they has patented it

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
I thought Wodturningz was a PSI reseller? :thinks:

Mark, You're right they are, but PSI don't release all their products to all their resellers. There are two in the UK that the Bolt Action has been released to, but there aren't any in the US, they have kept it as a PSI only pen to maximise profits.

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
I can't see a businessman with the calibre of timberbits fall for such an offence :bwink:

Its not David's intelligence, professionalism or legal diligence which might be at fault but the opportunity for some low life american lawyer to jump on a bandwagon, the entire nation thrives on litigation however bizarre, unwarranted or ridiculous.

Ian

Apprentice Member
I sent 5 emails to PSI regards to whether they would send To N Z as I wanted to make some to give away for xmas and I didn't even get a reply I will be able to get them here soon i'm told

Ian

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
PSI have got bad rep here in this part of the uk by certain folk, the club i visit have said that on certain orders the postal costs are extortionate making buying from them not worth while, when emailed about this they also get no reply. :thinks:

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Don't know what part of the world you are speaking from but its not exclusive to your part of the UK. However, I will be grateful for their incompetence. I phoned them to ask about shipping costs to the UK as I wanted to buy 50 bolt action pens.
ME How many can you get in a medium flat rate box.
Ans I don't know it all goes on weight.
ME How many can you get for your 4 lbs weight in a medium flat rate box.
Ans I dont know how much they weigh, they sort that out in the warehouse.
ME Could I speak to someone in the warehouse then
Ans No.
Me Could I speak to someone in a position of magaerial responsibility?
No
Me Why not?
Ans He runs the warehouse.
Me I am trying to find out the most economical way of purchasing kits and shipping them to the UK
Ans It'll tell you the costs when you buy them on line.
Me You dont seem to understand, If I am going to pay the same shipping costs for 55 as I would for 50 then I'll buy 55 to lower the transportation overhead per pen.
Ans I wouldn't know how to work it out.

AAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Slam phone down. swear. swear again. and again. I was looking at around 50 X $12 dollars, $600 dollars plus $65 shipping, $15 insurance $680 total, 3% import tax, $700 plus Vat $840, £560 plus £8 for the privilidge of Parcel Force paying the tax on my behalf and thirty miles in fuel to collect them in the UK.

Logged on to TB. What - a bolt action pen. Yippee, three orders each $180, or £120 x 3 £360 hopefully avoiding tax etc. Thank you PSI, your total incompetence has just saved me £200!!!!!! Yippppeeeee. I really like PSI!

Jim

Grand Master
When Terry and i went to see Yorkie at a wood turning club when he visited the UK, a guy there was telling him that PSI were charging $60+ for postage for a couple of pens .. To me it is obvious when they do this they are not wanting UK customers ... :down:

Jed Baxter

Registered
They are now sold out of these pens, it looks like the pen has really sold well as i can't see the owner only buying in a hand full. :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).