• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

News!!!

First Name
Dan
So.... Gun metal and Upgrade Gold versions of the Omega kits are ordered and expected to be on sale by the end of January. I know some of you feel that you have been waiting a long time for this statement to appear but this is all part of my long term plan.

Ultimately I invest ALL profits in the development of different plantings or new kits.

So whilst we are on the topic of new kits......
I currently have 2 'in the making' and plan to hold a forum vote (if possible?) to decide the next step.
Option 1, The Sigma, high quality pen based on the Jr Gent styling, avaliable in Rollerball and Fountain.

1ad2b9beb7a95fe3800602238e29a55f.jpg

Option 2 would be the Epsilon, a ballpoint as an alternative to the Zeta.

e476e099fb98434213cba471b23e6ebb.jpg

One last thing, In the month of January I will be having a 'Flash 10 Sale'. I will post voucher codes on the forum which will be valid for the first 10 sales. These items will have a minimum of 20% discount.

Dan

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Both of these look great Dan I'm with Woody on this either or preferably both would see me ordering some.

:thumbs:Vic:thumbs:

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Here's my two pennyworth
Option 1:The Stigma. I like the styling of the fountain pen, but not so keen on the rollerball
Option 2: The Epsilon. Sorry I don't like the top.

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Dan,

Stick my sixpennyworth in - there are good JR Gents around at the moment, I'm sure that yours would be better, but my vote would go for the epsilon. As a pen that would directly compete with the Executive range from PSI it would be up against a pen that has significant design failings and if these were overcome then you're in with another winner! The Executive suits a ladies hand in the main, most I have sold are for Ladies, but the down side is that the twist mechanism is so tight that many are put off. Second point in favour of the Epsilon, you could develop the kit into a pencil variant if the design was considered at the outset. The Executive pencil isnt bad, but by no means excellent and a bit of tweaking with a reliable mechanism could lead you to a double winner with one pen kit.

With the quality of the offerings from some manufacturers of the JR Gent at the moment I would urge you in the direction of the epsilon! And I'll have 50 for next season please, and twenty pencils and lets be adventurous, all Black Titanium or Titanium Gold.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It would be the Sigma for me.

Peter

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
Sigma for me too, but, as Neil says a decent mechanical pen & pencil set is sadly lacking.
The only decent one I have come across was the sierra.
The epsilon lends itself to be a decent looking mech. pencil, the design reminds of a pen from yesteryear but cannot remember what it was called.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
I'm with Neil on this one, the Epsilion looks to be a class above the rest. I will put a pre order on when you are ready..:thumbs:

The sigma is a good option as well so don't throw it out the baby with the bath water so to speak. It should be a good seller in the market provided the quality is right.

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
They both look good to me Dan. As far as a pencil is concerned I keep getting asked for them but I won't make them because of the poor quality mechanisms. If you could supply a good one I'd definitely buy 20.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
There can only be one, I go with the Epsilon all day long and Neil has hit the nail for you.
Sigma looks good for the near future though, you'll be offering a good selection of quality kits very soon young Dan.
I am very pleased for you and your customers init?

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I like the Sigma because of the metal fittings but am not keen on the black band around the middle. If that was metal it would be super pen (and on the cap) and would probably a substantial weight which is what the punters seem to measure quality on.

I like the Epsilon and is probably the single part pen that I've been waiting for.

I'll have the normal order of gunmetal Omegas please when they're in and 1/2 order of Gold :thumbs:

First Name
Dan
Thank you all for your comments. It is good to hear different people's views. I must say that with regards to both kits it is just a matter of time. My plans for 2015 is to add at least another 4 exclusive kits to the range. The Sigma is the kit that excites me as I am keen to put the Jr gent quality issue to bed. The Epsilon in my eyes was more of a gamble so you lot have put my mind at ease so thank you for that.

broadsea

First Name
John
Although I am still waiting to turn my first pen I think they both look stunning. So I would leave it to you. Thanks very much for my first order from you. Great service and I will certainly be back.:wink::wink:

First Name
Dan
Chrome Epsilion kits have now been ordered. These are likely to retail at around the £4.50- £5 mark. I will use the chrome kits to test the market and if it is deemed popular I will then look to stocking additional platings.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).