• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Possible commission

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
I have been thinking for a while of asking one of the scrollers here if one of you would mind/like to make me a sign I can display at craft fairs. I'd be looking for something with about 3in lettering to say TOP CAT WOODCRAFTS . Probably made from thin ply and mounted on a block so it could sit on a table. If anyone here fancies doing this please pm to discuss how much. There's no rush as I'll need to build my stock up over the first few months of next year but I'd like to know if this is something I can afford. :thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Search through the forums Ray, somebody was offering that service a while back but my memory won't let me think who it was.
I seem to think it was linked with the York do.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Search through the forums Ray, somebody was offering that service a while back but my memory won't let me think who it was.
I seem to think it was linked with the York do.

I think it was Neil as projects for the students wont hurt to PM him Ray it would be perfect and very professional from them

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Cowboy was offering to do scrolled signs at the York do, but I believe events in his personal life took over.
My work life recently, has been a case of point the fan at Neil, and defecate in its general direction! He'll deal with it!
Hopefully this will be sorted soon after Christmas. One of the jobs that I'm currently trying to fit in to my 3 days at the school has finally been advertised. If some one is daft enough to take this on, I will be back to my normal job and finally be able to catch up on some of the work that has already been promised. Apologies to those that are patiently waiting.:goesred:

If you can give me some idea of what you want Ray, I can laser cut you the lettering in 3mm ply, but can't give you a final price until the new boss starts in the new year. She is an unknown quantity!
You will be on a list though!
Regards,
Neil

cowboy

Registered
Ray if you can wait till after the New Year l would be happy to sort this out for you Please let me know so l can sort it out for you l have sent pm

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
Cowboy was offering to do scrolled signs at the York do, but I believe events in his personal life took over.
My work life recently, has been a case of point the fan at Neil, and defecate in its general direction! He'll deal with it!
Hopefully this will be sorted soon after Christmas. One of the jobs that I'm currently trying to fit in to my 3 days at the school has finally been advertised. If some one is daft enough to take this on, I will be back to my normal job and finally be able to catch up on some of the work that has already been promised. Apologies to those that are patiently waiting.:goesred:

If you can give me some idea of what you want Ray, I can laser cut you the lettering in 3mm ply, but can't give you a final price until the new boss starts in the new year. She is an unknown quantity!
You will be on a list though!
Regards,
Neil
Neil, many thanks for the kind offer. I am looking more for something like Cowboys photo, something that looks hand crafted as I imagine laser etched lettering to look less so. :thumbs:

cowboy

Registered
Here you go Ray hope it`s ok for you just got to put a base on it and put backing on

Attachments

• 20150125_165804.jpg
    20150125_165804.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 91

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
That is very nice Cowboy, Ray should be very happy with that :thumbs:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Looks like you got a winner there, Ray.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).