• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

New member and new to turning.

Mansel160

Apprentice Member
First Name
Max
54 year old geriatric starting out on a new hobby, lots to learn and looking forward to the journey.

Live in Dorset in the UK, IT/Retail Manager by day

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
Welcome Max, to the forums and to a very rewarding and all round good fun hobby. I started in March and I love it. I've sold loads of pens just to work colleagues and I'm planning on doing craft fairs next year. Have you bought yourself any equipment yet?

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
54 year old geriatric starting out on a new hobby, lots to learn and looking forward to the journey.

Live in Dorset in the UK, IT/Retail Manager by day

Hi again Max and welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your stay here don't be afraid to ask as many silly questions as you like, there are plenty of very knowledgeable people here you may even get the odd silly answer back but it is all done in good fun.
As you describe it as a journey it is more like a very long slippery slope which has the wallet attached as you will soon find out if you haven't already

As for being a geriatric I think not that only happens when you reach 60.

Alanp

Registered
First Name
ALAN
Hi Max welcome to the forum i have only recently joined and started turning i farm for a living. They are a great bunch on here and bend over backwards to help.

Mind you most are also raving mad

Alan

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome to the forum Max, enjoy it and post lots of photos.

Peter

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Welcome Max, glad to meet your aqqaintance kind sir. There is medication for being a southerner you know..

Look forward to seeing your photos and see you develop.. Get posting....

Mansel160

Apprentice Member
First Name
Max
Hi rayf6604,

I have an old Axminster CCL Perform lathe and a few other bits to get me going

Good to hear you are selling some of your wares, would like to do the same when I can turn good items.

Kardav

the PENsioner
Fellow
First Name
Dave
Hi Max, welcome and thanks for the intro. You'll be surprised at the level of knowledge on here, not counting me of course.:funny:

Mansel160

Apprentice Member
First Name
Max
Hi Silver,

Would be great if you could point me in the direction of the medication!

Will post images to give you all a laugh when I get going.

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Welcome aboard Max. Enjoy the ride, it can be a bit bumpy along the way, but it's well worth buying the ticket :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).