• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

I Agree

Treeesa

Graduate Member
First Name
Andy
Just a point, We English ( and the Scotties , Welshies and the Irish) are actually quite good at learning a different language ! If you take out of the English language the words that are Latin - Germanic and French and a couple of Scandanavian you are left with very few actual English words. The good thing, however, is that they are mainly centred on Anglo Saxon and they are Blo*dy good fun to use ! :devil::devil: 'Uman rights allowing of course ! EUropean Directive B1:ollocks

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
But when you consider our ancestors made vertically every other country in the world learn our language including Australia just a thought BYYYYYYYYY

Jim

Grand Master
But when you consider our ancestors made vertically every other country in the world learn our language including Australia just a thought BYYYYYYYYY

I think i will stick with our ancestors policy ... :ciggrin:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek

In that case they all should know how to speak English why would they need interpreters:banana::banana::banana::funny:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Good luck with us aussies we learnt a lot about freedom and right as well. All the best with your spot the Brit as we do our best to spot the aussies.

Peter:thumbs:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I think any person living in a foreign country should learn to speak their language it is the only way to integrate. In Norway they have to take Norwegian language course. What annoys me here is that we as a country provide translation services to people who can't speak english and have lived here many years, let them pay for a translator, we shouldn't have to have a whole range of benefits and other forms in foreign languages.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).