• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A few today

Pete B

Registered
Hi,
just been lurking lately as i ended up very busy that i'm not complaining about.
Chrome Lucida in Cellulose Acetate
Lucidia.jpg
This one is an America n stainless steel rollerball the name i can't remember as i am typing but is becoming a firm favourite with me, In red Deer Antler.
Antler.jpg
Last is a bolt action again in Antler
bolt action.jpg
If anyone hasn't turned Antler its easy enough but i found the easiest way to avoid drilling problems was after cutting to length. If the Antler is a little curved was to turn it between centres, so it becomes easier and more accurate in the drill vice.
It just meant i could use thinner bits. I had too as this has been a really big seller in various kits.

Pete

Jim

Grand Master
Very nice looking pens Pete, with good images my friend .. Peter (Buckeye) gave me some Antler which i will be making a few pens with so thanks for the tip about drilling .. :thumbs:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
They are all lovely and I never used to like antler, but having turned some I like it more know and the cap on the rollerball shows it well:thumbs:

Peter

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
All of them are lovely Peter, its good to see you posting again. I like that kit in the second photo and would love some of those :thumbs:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Nice pens Pete and having seen some of your pens "in the flesh" I know just how good they are:thumbs:

HEY have you nicked my bit of Amethyst

You need some new specs Vic - that's spikey carpet, :whistling:

Pete B

Registered
Thanks for the comments much appreciated.
Bob, it was very nice to meet you the other day as well, i might have more timber for you as i can't take it all apparently !
Jim, it sometimes smells a bit, but is nice to turn.
Vic i promise to return the Amethyst shortly.
Paul i am liking the stainless kits more and more and they must be popular as i need some more and i think they are on a 5 week back order.

Pete

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).