• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Closed end slimline

Walter

Fellow
First Name
Walter
I know Derek's comment about making a closed end slimline was made in jest and was never intended to be a challenge, but....
...how could I resist.

Red malee burr closed end slimline finished with Drechseln und Mehr pen finish and protected with a coat of carnauba wax.

C&C welcome as always.

Incidentally, no fancy mandrels or expensive kit were used in the making of this pen.

IMG_0626 by walter.hall, on Flickr

IMG_0625 by walter.hall, on Flickr

Walter

Fellow
First Name
Walter
That looks great Walter, but where does the twist mechanism go? It is one piece isn't it?

It works on the same principle as the one piece slimline I posted on Christmas Eve Ray. (Scroll down the thread and there is a pic of the pen dismantled)

That looks great Walter. I bet gluing the top tube in was fun?

Gluing the top tube in was easy Mike. Getting the unwanted glue out of the rest of the hole in the blank was the "fun" bit.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Very nice Walter, have you tried using a longer tube instead of the two supplied?

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Really nice job Walter. Looks neat and nice finish.:thumbs:

Very nice Walter, have you tried using a longer tube instead of the two supplied?

If you used a longer tube rather than two tubes you wouldn't be able to rotate the nib out or remove it to replace the refill.:bwink:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Nice one Walter as I have already said elsewhere the finish seems to be better on this one.

I think the Christmas spirit has got to many of you, you don't get into the plonker club that easy. :funny::funny::funny:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
One piece and whats next? Yes it is different personally I like clips, centre bands. The pen you show Walter is different has a distinctive finish lovely taper,very useful for notebooks with the keeper slots fitted, lovely timber and as you say a piece of cake between centres.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).