• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hi Everyone

Froggy

First Name
Tim
Hi, I'm originally from Birstall in West Yorkshire but moved to the French countryside almost 10 years ago. hence the user name Froggy. I'm a member of the UK Workshop forum which is where I heard about this forum. I generally make furniture, as a hobby, but was give a 28-40 super lathe about 2 years ago and about the only thing I've made on it is pens. I'd like to improve my pen turning and broaden my horizons on the lathe. I also run a small woodworking club of about 20 people in France called the Sawdust Club. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys and gals and learning some new stuff.

Cheers, Froggy.

Kardav

the PENsioner
Fellow
First Name
Dave
Hi Froggy and welcome to our forum. Sounds to me like you're already more competent than a lot of people on this forum as all they make is sawdust and stuff it in their heads (no brains you see).

Seriously, there's plenty of people on here with loads of good advice. You could start by showing us some pictures of your pens, see what comments you get and then take it from there.

:thumbs::thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the forums Froggy .. Visit Birstall regular, well the industrial estate lol .. :wink:

Froggy

First Name
Tim
Thanks Dave and Jim. I'll post some pics soon as I'm fit enough to take some (just had an op and am recovering in bed). Where abouts are you from Jim? I used to live less than a mile from the industrial estate.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Welcome Tim, now you have settled in a great part of the world..:thumbs:

Sounds like you are already talented and have some skills that you can share with us as well as us giving you some direction with your pens. But we need to see them first so I look forward to seeing them ..:thumbs:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome to the forum Tim.

Peter

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Tim,

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it. Beautiful part of the world you live in, and not too far from a great resource around perigord. Couldn't believe it when I was last there and saw them burning old trees! Look forward to seeing some of your work.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Mange Tout as Del Boy would say :thumbs:

Welcome to the forum, how about showing us some of the furniture you make as well as the pens :thumbs:

Wishing you a speedy recovery from your op.

Froggy

First Name
Tim
Hi Guys, Judging by the number of replies, the avatars (Peter!) and the messages I think I'm going to like it here. Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll post some pictures as soon as I can.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Hi Froggy sorry to here your laid up it seems we all can have a run of that at any age interested in learning more about provincial France there are fine pen makers from different countries on this forum with experience to burn. How was your acceptance moving over there mate.

Kind regards Peter from way over here.:thumbs::thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Wotchya Signor Tim, mercy bucket and welcome, mon due init?

Un accueil très chaleureux à nos forums, je espère que vous apprécierez votre séjour chez nous.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).