• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

More pesky graffiti ...

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
My 'appy' at the day job just passed his drivers' test so I whipped him up a cigar pen out of a bit of Elm I had lying around. Couldn't resist risking George's wrath by blinging it up! Infill is gold glitter mixed into clear quickset epoxy. Silver would have stood out more.

Pens 130618 001.jpg

Pens 130618 002.jpg

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
So I will say exactly what you are expecting to read.:devil:
Lovely piece of wood, extremely well finished and fitted, superbly photographed.
Totally ruined by what you have emblazened it with.:mooney2:
Having said that I am sure it is a befitting gift to the receiver who will be as proud of the gift as he will passing his / her test.
My comiserations to him / her.

Jim

Grand Master
That is my initials to David, just in case you don't know what to do with it when he doesn't like it .... :bwink:

Great set David, some work has gone into this set, the details are superb my friend ... A tutorial on the box would be great when you have the time good sir ... :thumbs:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Thanks for the positive feedback, guys. He was well made up with it - being 18 helps, I guess ...

Very nice looking pen and box, do you make the box aswell

Yes Alan - see my reply to Jim below.

A tutorial on the box would be great when you have the time good sir ... :thumbs:

Jim, I got the idea for these boxes from the first tutorial on this page of the IAP Library. I don't bother with the jigs as I use the CNC mill for hollowing and hinge placement, but I don't doubt you could do very well if you made up the jigs.

Jim

Grand Master
I don't doubt you could do very well if you made up the jigs.

Pleaseeeee give me a break, i need things to be easy or i give up to easily ... :whistling:

Thanks for the link David, i will get around to making some one day ... :ciggrin:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).