• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Too cold for the shed

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Far too cold in the shed today so practised some photography on some Sierras that I done a few weks ago.

All the blanks were courtesy of Neil Farrer.

1 Laburnum
2 Cocobola
3 Roopala
4 Kingwood
5 Andaman Island Redwood
6 Brazilian Rose Wood
7 Brazilian Tulipwood
8 Pau Rosa

Attachments

• Laburnum.jpg
    Laburnum.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 97
  • Cocobola.jpg
    Cocobola.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Roopala.jpg
    Roopala.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Kingwood.jpg
    Kingwood.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 96
  • Andaman Island Redwood.jpg
    Andaman Island Redwood.jpg
    329.2 KB · Views: 97
  • Brazilian Rosewood.jpg
    Brazilian Rosewood.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Brazilian Tulip Wood.jpg
    Brazilian Tulip Wood.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 97
  • Pau Rosa.jpg
    Pau Rosa.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 97

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Some very nice pens there Vic to cold wot a load of rubbish you want to try delivering milk or cleaning windows in it

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Very nice photos Vic :thumbs:
I've not been in the shed, I went down with "Man Flu" on Christmas day although Sue says it is just a cold :rolling:

Alanp

Registered
First Name
ALAN
some lovely pens there Vic you will have to pass on some of your photography tips the photo's are great :thumbs::thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
What a turnaround Vic, from absolute crap to top quality, i take my hat off to you my friend .. And not a carpet insight .. :winking:

Almost forgot, some great looking pens also Vic .. :thumbs:

Been in the garden all morning tidying it all back up, it was a death trap says the War Office .. :nooidea:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Theres no faulting your turning or your photography, very nice indeed :thumbs:

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Well done, Vic, you've some lovely pens here! But that lacewood in the No 3 position is a truly stunning piece. The grain looks like snakeskin!!! It's no wonder that rupala is so prized by us pen geezers!

Bob.

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
Beautiful pens & great photos Vic but you'll end up scratching your pens on those sharp crystals & have to do 'em again which would be a great shame.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Oh yeah It's Vic the Pic init?
Smashing pics mate but I do have a criticism, if you must use a prop then please make it a white one so its invisible and not distracting the subject image.
Other than that, wow you is the man init?

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Choice is yours Vic thanks for the pens displayed today I have a weakness for the second down on the left it so reminds me of a few of my favourites from Australia like Beefwood from the Kimberly Lacewood from W Aust etc but nothing man made will come within a bulls roar of that spectacular composite of shapes irregularities or mother natures revelation in that grain.

Peter.:yourtheman:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Bloody cold in my shed today, with a leaky roof and a frozen puddle on the bench.
I looked a load of lumpy water and shut the door on it, went back to the warmth of my wife's arms and sobbed init?

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).