• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

More Colouring in

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
A bit more fun with dye from the vallies.... I mean dye from the jar :funny:

A cigar in Canadian Maple and a Hornbeam streamline. The Canadian Maple has a touch of red and the Hornbeam; red, blue and green.

I noticed that there are a lot of markings at the nib end on the photo but you can't see them in the hand

Attachments

• 450b.jpg
    450b.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 451b.jpg
    451b.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 68

Jim

Grand Master
I like them both Paul, it is a long time since i made a cigar pen, i didn't like the look of them, this looks good, have they changed the style by any chance? :thinks:

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Paul I really like the way you are using your Dyes. I got a gift voucher from Axminster and I think that i wil get trial pack of Rainbow Dyes and give it a try

:thumbs::thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I like them both Paul, it is a long time since i made a cigar pen, i didn't like the look of them, this looks good, have they changed the style by any chance? :thinks:

I too didn't really like them but I do like this and the quality is good as well Jim. I'll have a go with a few more to make sure I still feel the same after...

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Paul I really like the way you are using your Dyes. I got a gift voucher from Axminster and I think that i wil get trial pack of Rainbow Dyes and give it a try

:thumbs::thumbs:

Thats what I've got Vic and judging by how much I use it will last me a lifetime.

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil

Jim,
As always several manufacturers and different styling from timberbits highline cigar pen, to timberbits standard cigars in chrome and gold which look tacky. I think this is the rhodium from richest which stands out a mile as a pen with improved styling. I can't get too enthusiastic about the bling upgrade in the cigar ultra from rich end and the antique copper one that's floating about, last seen from stiles and bates I think is truly awful, clumsy and about as lacking in finesse as you can get without making a Polaris! Lots of manufacturers and many different styling son the same skeleton.

Jim

Grand Master
Jim,
As always several manufacturers and different styling from timberbits highline cigar pen, to timberbits standard cigars in chrome and gold which look tacky. I think this is the rhodium from richest which stands out a mile as a pen with improved styling. I can't get too enthusiastic about the bling upgrade in the cigar ultra from rich end and the antique copper one that's floating about, last seen from stiles and bates I think is truly awful, clumsy and about as lacking in finesse as you can get without making a Polaris! Lots of manufacturers and many different styling son the same skeleton.

This one is from Rizheng Neil.

Thanks for that Neil, i think i will order some of these when my next order is due .. Or if Dan stocks them .. :kiss:

Alanp

Registered
First Name
ALAN
two very nice clean pens i like the cigar kit i like the flat clip on it i must get to grips with my staining :thumbs:

Les ELm

Executive Member
First Name
Les

Jim there is a Hybrid Cigar with Black Titanium and Platinum available.

Les

Attachments

• Black Titanium and Platinum.jpg
    Black Titanium and Platinum.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 16

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Paul I find staining is like most processes messy and unappealing to actually do my method has come down to a brief wipe when I finish the blank it is easy and accentuates otherwise boring as timber especially with minute grain normally dormant.

As you said the amount used the container will last a long time.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).