• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

my 1st wood

garrydibley

First Name
Garry
Finally got round to having a go at a wood pen.
And a CA finish.
Not 100% happy however my Brother in law loved it.
Made from a Cherry tree planted in memory of my wife's Grandad.
I had to cut it down as was planted to close to the house.
I kept the trunk and am slowly making something for all the family.
10869359_10204173286745449_5448761222122047659_o.jpg

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Looks to me as if you have cracked it well done they are well turned and finished

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
That's a lovely selection and I particularly like the grain on the one in front. Still can't get my fondness gland to respond to a Polaris, though!

:funny::funny:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Nothing wrong with the finish or anything with those pens Garry. :thumbs:

garrydibley

First Name
Garry
Thank you.
Watched many vids on the CA before having a go.
Went for 3 coats of thin followed by 2 of med, over some linseed oil.
Made me want to have another go with some better kits.

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
That's a lovely selection and I particularly like the grain on the one in front. Still can't get my fondness gland to respond to a Polaris, though!

As David has already said :thumbs:
All the pens are well turned and finished. The background is a bit distracting, but that is easy to fix. Just need to consult Vic on the photography :wink:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Excelent job of those Gary. :thumbs:

As others have said about the photo but apart from that spot on and looks a great finish.

The Polaris is a good simple pen to make but really is the "marmite" pen of the pen making world.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
They all look good and the finish on the wood looks great.

Peter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Five in a row Garry love the picture have fun recording your pens mate looking at each one for some time they are beaut, nice to have such success the pen kit is appropriate in each one IMHO something to be proud of over the range of blanks each one a story for you. How significant the timber one from the Cherry Tree I had two 40 feet Eucalypts that had been planted too close to the front of my house as well became a problem but yours was so significant the idea of sharing with pens in memorium is highly commended. There are so many wonderful things to be acheived in sharing pens this one of yours a standout.

You created several rippers there mate. Years ago one most irreverent series with Dawn French had us in stitches called the Bishop of Dibley.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).