• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Sedona ( Lignum Vitae )

Ivort

Apprentice Member
First Name
Ivor
Hello,
I hope this picture is a bit better than my previous ones. Used the camera phone but with a light tent.
I have cropped the photo a bit but no other
Adjustments as I am not sure how to do that.
Anyway feel free to comment on pen or photo.

I have noticed the slight issue with the coupling on the lid end after studying the photo.

20141230_100105-1.jpg

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Nicely turned it looks as though you may have a bent mandrel or you have tightened the tailstock up to much and made the mandrel bow that would make your cut uneven and give the problem you seem to have

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Apart from the little problem you have already noticed it looks a good un, photo as well.

Peter

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Nicely turned it looks as though you may have a bent mandrel or you have tightened the tailstock up to much and made the mandrel bow that would make your cut uneven and give the problem you seem to have
I'd agree with Woody. The issue with the uneven cut is almost certainly down to a bent mandrel.
Apart from that, it is a very nicely turned pen :thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Woody's the man on this issue but very nicely turned and finished. Lignum Vitae is very nice wood to work with and gives some lovely colours. :thumbs:

Ivort

Apprentice Member
First Name
Ivor
Hi All,
Thanks for the replies. I have had a quick look and my mandrel appears straight so maybe
I did have it overtightened for that pen.
Some others appears to be OK.

Any comments on the photo itself ?
Thanks
Ivor

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
It's a good pic Ivor and nice to see the effort being made to improve the appearance of displayed items.
Nice pen too and the only part I see oor is the belt flange, is it inserted square?

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Neat pen Ivor I would never rely on the band being round on every pen IMHO the shade plays up with shapes from time to time.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).