• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Turner by name...

dfturner

Apprentice Member
First Name
David
Turner by nature.

Hi folks, I'm David Turner, I'm in my late 60's and residing on the picturesque North Wales coast.
Took up word turning as a hobby roughly 6 years ago although it's no longer a hobby but more of an addiction. My main passion is turning pens.

I'm going to try to attach an image of a couple of pens I've turned, if you see them great, if you don't then like I said I'm in my late 60s haha.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 71

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome to the forum, David.

Peter

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the forum David, love the cross my friend it looks true from all four cuts .. :thumbs:

dfturner

Apprentice Member
First Name
David
Thank you for the welcome and complimentary comment Jim, these Celtic knots are fun to make but can also be quite frustrating at the same time when the decide to fly apart on the lathe haha

Happy New Year to all too :)

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Hello David from where I sit on the East Coast side of Australia in Canberra inland your pen was pictured at night. Thank you for opening with a pen the design is strong stands out well and being clean cut shows mastery of purpose. Is the nth coast of Wales getting into cold country so long ago I came back into Wales from Nth Ireland and yes it is a rugged country within a country in time we will share and swap thoughts look forward to it. Welcome and kind regards.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Welcome to the nut house David enjoy your stay and as you have already found out it is very addictive.

dfturner

Apprentice Member
First Name
David
Hello David from where I sit on the East Coast side of Australia in Canberra inland your pen was pictured at night. Thank you for opening with a pen the design is strong stands out well and being clean cut shows mastery of purpose. Is the nth coast of Wales getting into cold country so long ago I came back into Wales from Nth Ireland and yes it is a rugged country within a country in time we will share and swap thoughts look forward to it. Welcome and kind regards.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

Thank you so much for your comments Peter, I look forward to exchanging thoughts/ideas with you. All the best for 2015.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
We need a few more from the Welsh side of the world to even the load up a bit..:winking: too many southerners and northerners...:ave_it:

Really nice cross on a great looking pen David.:thumbs: spot on name for that part of the world as well eh!:thumbs:

Look forward to many more of your creations on the way..:love_it:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).