• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pen Boxes

Jim

Grand Master
The next time you make an order from TB's throw in a few of his boxes, they are a decent price .. If its only a few you are after then buying local from TR wouldn't do your wallet much harm ... :bwink:

Attachments

• Iroko.JPG
    Iroko.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 3

justme

Apprentice Member
The next time you make an order from TB's throw in a few of his boxes, they are a decent price .. If its only a few you are after then buying local from TR wouldn't do your wallet much harm ... :bwink:

Agree, but TBs boxes carry a extra postage charge, due to weight so can work out costly.

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the forums JM .... :thumbs:

Agree, but TBs boxes carry a extra postage charge, due to weight so can work out costly.

But it would still work out much cheaper than buying the same boxes anywhere else .. :bwink:

Pete B

Registered
Hi,

Merv i've just emailed Steven as i've bought quite a few from him but he did say they were stopping making them.
I've asked if he will do the discount for this forum as well.

Regards

Pete

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy

justme

Apprentice Member
Welcome to the forums JM .... :thumbs:

But it would still work out much cheaper than buying the same boxes anywhere else .. :bwink:

Thanks for the welcome Jim.
The only boxes I have bought from TBs is the 3 pen Burl type. my last order x10 with extra postage as heavy and customs worked out rather expensive, but saying that, no were here in UK can you buy large wooden boxes. Do you incur extra postage if you get a couple thrown in with order? or can you only do with the smaller boxes?

Pete B

Registered
Hi,
had a reply from Mr. Jackson he can't do the double ones anymore as his source wanted silly order numbers.
Which is a real shame as they were spectacular for a matching set.

But he does still do the single ones as Merv kindly showed.
He is going to get back to me with a discount for members of this forum all you have to do is mention Jim's penturners forum.

They are worth it i have had quite a few from him, you cannot buy better in the UK, and trust me i have looked.
They laser engrave very nicely as well.

A link to his ebay shop directly to the boxes is here

Like i said i will post the discount price when i get it.

Regards

Pete

mervyn cadman

Yer its a shame Pete that the doubles are not available anymore there were slight deeper and good take a 15mm pen kit, here's another shot or two of the boxes and like Pet said there are quality.
I spent a longtime looking for a decent pen box and then found these.

Notice the padded lining trus me it is quality - the pen box has a very strong magnet to hold the lid down and the outside workmanship is top notch.

Merv

justme

Apprentice Member
Yer its a shame Pete that the doubles are not available anymore there were slight deeper and good take a 15mm pen kit, here's another shot or two of the boxes and like Pet said there are quality.
I spent a longtime looking for a decent pen box and then found these.

Notice the padded lining trus me it is quality - the pen box has a very strong magnet to hold the lid down and the outside workmanship is top notch.

Merv

I totally agree these are the best quality boxes, also over a period of time you may even collect enough playing cards for a decent hand of cards, like you say it's a pity they stopped the double pen boxes :rolling:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).