• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Truestone

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Hi Guys i have just bought some truestone blanks of Pitbull on ebay really good service,apparently he is now importing some of these, might be worth a look.:thinks:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I hope you like em dad, I think they are disgusting.
A cheek to call em Truestone but only my opinion and I am trying to be nice.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I hope you like em dad, I think they are disgusting.
A cheek to call em Truestone but only my opinion and I am trying to be nice.

I have to agree with you Brian I to think they are to way out but I think Violet will like the two I have ordered but we will see only time will tell how disgusting or not they are Lol

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
£9.75? Jeez, talk about a rip-off! They are only 19mm, so only barely big enough to use on a decent-sized pen. While I like Trustone I'd rather spend the money on two acrylics blanks.

Bob.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
They look a bit cheesy to be truestone but maybe they'll be a lot nicer when turned. :rolling:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
To me anything other than wood is not turning...:thinks:
Not sure with out turning other materials we would have nothing the first time I turned one of Dans omega I turned nylon to make the bushings it still turning

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
£9.75? Jeez, talk about a rip-off! They are only 19mm, so only barely big enough to use on a decent-sized pen. While I like Trustone I'd rather spend the money on two acrylics blanks.

Bob.

Tight git still what can we expect from an ol S/M Lol I have to be honest I thought I must be mad after I ordered them must be me age LOL

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Like em or hate em...i have just had mine delivered(he is local to me and was out and about). I think they will look different..20150104_150532.jpg

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
Tight git still what can we expect from an ol S/M Lol I have to be honest I thought I must be mad after I ordered them must be me age LOL
I have to agree that they are a bit on the expensive side. I know eBay sellers want to cover the fees by making the buyer pay more, but from what I can see,if you shop around, you'll find most of what he sells cheaper else where.

First Name
Dan
I have to agree that they are a bit on the expensive side. I know eBay sellers want to cover the fees by making the buyer pay more, but from what I can see,if you shop around, you'll find most of what he sells cheaper else where.
I have been looking a stocking these myself but saw it as a bit of a gamble. I expected them to retail at around £4.

Baldy

Fellow
First Name
Graeme
Would be interested in seeing the end results as I have also had a look at these but for a beginner like me a bit expensive incase I #@#$ it ip

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
I have been looking a stocking these myself but saw it as a bit of a gamble. I expected them to retail at around £4.

I'd stick with acrylics if you're going to stock blanks but there are so many selling them I can imagine it will be difficult to compete. Vince has got a great selection and even some of his are a bit too much for me. Axminster acrylics are the best price for me and they look good and turn nicely too.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).