• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Trend T11 Router

Jim

Grand Master
Well i got myself a router, now i need to learn how to use one ... :nooidea:

More to the point, what do i use one for .... :ciggrin:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Hope you crack it Jim, i wouldn't mind seeing this in action next time i am over at your place. :bwink:

Jim

Grand Master
Yep, still in the box, gees when am i going to get the time to use these tools. :goesred:

Jim

Grand Master
Well the router still hasn't been out of the box .. And here is the table that is still covered up in the shed .. I am hoping to try these out when the lean-to is finished ... :pray:

IMG_3632.JPG

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
You can use it to decorate the edge of a pen stand for a start with an ogee or just to cut a 45% angle around the edge make a pen display cabinet and decorate the edges of the lid I had a large router table up till we down sized they are a very handy and versatile tool to decorate, cut rebates even by making a box to go over bed bar above center height and cut flutes in a spindle or flats on a pen to make it a nut shape to go on some kits that should be enough to keep you going for a while

Jed Baxter

Registered
lol, thanks for that Woody, that lot will sure keep me going too :thinks:

I have had one a while and done small things with it

Jim

Grand Master
Thanks Woody, you have given me some good reasons why i need to get this machine set up ... :thumbs:

Maybe the reason i haven't yet used it is due to the space i have in the shed, once i get items out of the shed i will definitely have this set up. :nooidea:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Jim, I can help with your space problem. Get the Radial Arm ready for me and I'll take the router and router table at the same time. Hey Presto! Loads of space ...

:devil::devil::devil:

Jim

Grand Master
Jim, I can help with your space problem. Get the Radial Arm ready for me and I'll take the router and router table at the same time. Hey Presto! Loads of space ...

:devil::devil::devil:

A few more weeks David, and i will have more space elsewhere ... :winking:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).