• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

News update from Beaufort Ink

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
News update from Beaufort Ink

After launching our new website at the end of November last year, and receiving overwhelmingly glowing reviews of our ink refills from all quarters, we enter 2015 in the knowledge that our claims regarding quality and value for money are entirely backed up by those who have had the opportunity to try them out for themselves.

From the outset, our aim has been to produce ink refills of the very highest quality at the best possible price, in order to provide a real alternative to the poor refills supplied with pen kits and to refills available from suppliers elsewhere.

Throughout the coming year, we hope to build on our ink refill core products, by introducing other items which we feel will be of benefit to pen makers, that are either hard to find, hard to get in modest quantities, or which can be improved upon through better design, material or manufacturing. We have already been through that process with pen display stands, on which I hope to bring further news in the next few days.

As members of this forum, we are all able to engage with some of the most knowledgeable, most prolific and most talented pen makers in the country, if not the world, and we have access to tools and supplies, eye-wateringly beautiful blanks and to some of the best designed and highest quality pen kits available anywhere.

Beaufort Ink’s philosophy has, and always will be that there is no merit whatsoever in selling the same thing as everyone else, which only serves to dilute the marketplace to the ultimate detriment of everyone. Discussions over the past few weeks between Taylors Mirfield and Beaufort Ink have highlighted the fact that our approaches and philosophies are very similar.

As a result, and as a measure of the confidence we have in each others products, the first of what we both hope will be a series of collaborations has been agreed. I know I am not speaking out of turn when I say that from mid January onwards, or as soon as their new stock is available for sale, all new orders of Omega rollerball kits from Taylors Mirfield will be supplied with Beaufort Ink refills as standard, thereby making what is already an outstanding pen kit into an outstanding writing instrument.

There will be more news on further collaborations in the fullness of time, and I will also bring news on further developments at Beaufort Ink as they happen.

In the meantime, a happy New Year to one and all.

Best wishes
Phil

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Thanks guys for interest and your comments.

Terry, I trust your recovery continues apace. If you go to the "sell" forum, there's a link there to a refill sample pack for forum members, so you can try them out when ever you are ready.

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Good on you both.

I got a sample pack and am highly delighted with the quality of the refills, one of which is now in my everyday pen sat in front of me now.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I think that is the best news in the penturning world that I have heard since Lord Woody came back to spinning.
A much needed colaboration and I wish you and Dan all the best in the venture.
I have my reasons for not buying as yet but I sure will do as soon as I can.
My old dad always used to say "British at it's best, is the very best, buy British".
Let's make tat true again in 2015 init?

Jim

Grand Master
Good to hear this Phil, a good kit with a good refill must be a winning formulation .. :thumbs:

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
It just occurred to me that there are no refills for fountain pens. Is this something you will be doing?

It's definitely on the radar, but not something we've got at the moment. The performance of fountain pen ink is governed to a large extent by the quality of the nib. We're looking into nibs as well, so in the not too distant future we may be able to introduce the two together.

On a different note though, we've got 60ml Gorilla Glue and Gorilla 5 Minute Epoxy going on to the website either later this week or early next week. Both well below the RRP, and certainly vastly less than the huge amount charged by certain other well known suppliers. And we'll probably be able to do a deal for members too. More on that later.

Gizmo3k

Graduate Member
First Name
Alan
It's definitely on the radar, but not something we've got at the moment. The performance of fountain pen ink is governed to a large extent by the quality of the nib. We're looking into nibs as well, so in the not too distant future we may be able to introduce the two together.

On a different note though, we've got 60ml Gorilla Glue and Gorilla 5 Minute Epoxy going on to the website either later this week or early next week. Both well below the RRP, and certainly vastly less than the huge amount charged by certain other well known suppliers. And we'll probably be able to do a deal for members too. More on that later.

Sounds good! Starting to like epoxy more these days!

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).