• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Second attempt at a closed end pen

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Well ain't you just coming out with some great stuff?
I love it init?

Risking a verbal slap because this is a pen forum not a camera forum, I have played again with your pics.
Sorry I cant do it justice but hopefully they are improved a tad.

002.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
That is very well turned and finished do you think the cap end is a bit to long also with that design it could have carried a clip but that's just me the craftsmanship is spot on as I said well turned and finished with some very good segmenting

Chilprufe

Registered
First Name
David
Now its finished I agree the cap is to long .. I was was wanting it to be equal from the centre band ... think it might of worked with a plain centre band instead of the pattern

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
I agree with Woody. The craftsmanship shown in turning and finishing this pen is excellent. My only personal preference would have been a clip.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Thats is a lovely pen David and you have to experiment to move on so I think its fantastic and with the (risk of a slap for mentioning photography) enhancements Brian has done to the pictures it looks even better :thumbs:

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
I agree with Woody. The craftsmanship shown in turning and finishing this pen is excellent. My only personal preference would have been a clip.

I too am in agreement with Woody and Vic. Can't fault the craftsmanship, but would have preferred a clip on it as well :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Well done David, tis a very nice pen indeed .. I can see you improving on each one of these that you make, it is good to see that you are not afraid to experiment .. :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
A push me pull pen I could see lots of fumbling for first time lookers opening the pen. Like your second one mate agree with the clip idea promoted earlier Please tell me the reception when you hand the pen to someone to look out, do you standby and watch or give instructions?

The pen itself is well made and a credit to you beaut finish you are moving fast into the fast lane IMHO.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Chilprufe

Registered
First Name
David
A push me pull pen I could see lots of fumbling for first time lookers opening the pen. Like your second one mate agree with the clip idea promoted earlier Please tell me the reception when you hand the pen to someone to look out, do you standby and watch or give instructions?
:

Stand and watch .. just to see how long it takes them

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).