• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

M3 Mokume composite

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Today was a day of first used me new video camera & my new Evolution chuck for the first time and turned M3 for the first time and enjoyed them all well most
Well tried doing a video but got it all wrong so here are some photos of some M3 Mokume composite blanks ( metal composite in plane English) made up on sierra kits If any of you have considered these blanks they are very easy to turn with standard woodturning chisels in fact easer than some acrylics the instructions say sand to 800 I went to 1000grit but found I needed to go to 1,500 grit W&D to get a good finish the polishing compound you get with them to polish with was rock hard so I used good ol Autoglem at first I was a bit disappointed with them but the more I look the more I like them
I intended doing more of them but had to come in and cook diner then our David turned up trustone tomorrow

DSCF1474.JPGDSCF1477.JPGDSCF1479.JPGDSCF1480.JPG

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Very nice Woody I like them very much, you've made a super job of them. I'll have to have a go :thumbs:

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
I like these Woody. The effect is better than I thought it might be. :thumbs:I have a blank like your first one to make.
I feel a bit more confident after seeing yours.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
They don't shout nice at me dad, I would have to see it in the flesh to say for sure.

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
I'm looking forward to doing mine now also...but i have glued the tubes in my Trustone blanks so there next...:ave_it:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
They look nice, but they don't look like the M3 I have seen, where did you get them?

Peter

Jim

Grand Master
They look good Woody, and so do the images my friend .. I hope you crack the videoing pal, it is something that i will hopefully be trying out this year .. :winking:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Woody thanks for showing them they are different indeed well turned I like you quit when your family arrived my Dad was so intense in his life he rarely put his feet up to receive us when we visited he was a very driven man sniffing the flowers along the far to far distant for him, well done mate theres a lot of good humanity in your approach to people as well as so many on the forum would testify. So thanks for the appraisal, results etrc in the pens and for being you.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).