• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Glastonbury

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
For 10 years I ran the security for my cousin who owned the company at Glastonbury which was a very interesting time especially when starting out with the flimsy fences they had. It was the punters job that didn't have tickets to get in and part of our job was to keep them out. One of the many things that was confiscated was a rope ladder which has very strong and dense rungs. Because of the weight of them I think it might be Lignum Vitae and I've made this streamline from it. Someone might be able to say otherwise but it is very heavy.

Attachments

• glastonbury.jpg
    glastonbury.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 64

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Paul it seems too red to be Lignum however you have the material for lots more of that timber to make beaut pens you must be like me quite a horder mate.

Peter:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Paul it seems too red to be Lignum however you have the material for lots more of that timber to make beaut pens you must be like me quite a horder mate.

Peter:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Ha ha, thats me Peter, I am continually adding new woods despite having enough to keep everyone in the forum happy for 100 years already :thumbs:

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Not at all sure what wood it is, but you've made a cracking pen from it mate. Like the story behind it too. You've got the job working the door at York 2 now though :wink::thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Not at all sure what wood it is, but you've made a cracking pen from it mate. Like the story behind it too. You've got the job working the door at York 2 now though :wink::thumbs:

ha ha, that was many moons ago and the people weren't as curmudgeonly as this bunch :funny::funny::funny:

Jim

Grand Master
What ever wood it is Paul, it surely is a good looking pen .. And it is good to hear it has a story behind it .. :thumbs:

Paul

Fellow
Love the pen and the story. Probably sums the punters up too. From rabble with rope ladders full of hope to aging to middle class managers needing a pen.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).