• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

source of free wood samples.

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Following on from the bamboo I brought back from OZ, I googled suppliers of solid hardwood flooring and there are loads who offer a free sample service including free post.
The vast majority comprises different oak finishes of which I have plenty but there is tiger stranded bamboo as well as acacia and walnut. There's a "marbled" acacia which looks as if it might be interesting when it arrives.

I ordered a number of these from different companies and got the first 6 through this morning which are all usable and will yeild 6 or 7 blanks from each sample.

The bamboo is 14mm thick but most of the rest is 18mm just make sure it's solid and not engineered flooring.

When they cut the samples it's done across the width for efficiency so ideally order the wider boards if looking for xcut blanks to use and remember there will be a tongue one side but groove the other which will reduce the available width.

Some companies limit you to 2 or 3 samples, can always get family to order as well, but the ones received today are from www.poshflooring.co.uk

Owt for nowt eh:banana:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Keep getting server error will try again latter
Job done order placed thanks mate

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I have ordered mine thanks Bob and Phill for letting me know it now working I must say it looks good

Jim

Grand Master
Gees, this guy will be calling in extra staff to cope with the demand ... :ciggrin:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).