• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Ebay trustone

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I had a short time in me workshop today and made a few pens two from trustone of ebay these blanks are very hard I tried hss steel tools first and it soon took the edge of them so I changed over to my carbide tip tools and they worked a treat some of the colours are a bit to loud for me but if you like the colours then they are worth a go I di like the mauve but not the other one but thats just me one but dont make the same mistake I made there must have been a bit of glue left in two of the tubes and the stone cracked on assembly so that one will be stripped down good job its the one I dont like LOL
DSCF1488.JPGDSCF1485.JPGDSCF1487.JPG

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I forgot to mention They are Dans Premium Junior gents kits which I consider to be the best quality J/G on the market

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
They certainly look good quality with the metal threads Woody. I'm with you on the colours but even so that would be somebodies perfect pen. :thumbs:

Zman

First Name
Itzhak
I forgot to mention They are Dans Premium Junior gents kits which I consider to be the best quality J/G on the market

I like your variety Woody very nice....Is it possible to use ink converter with this kit? :banana::banana:

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Hi, Woody,

As usual, you've made a professional job making those pens, matey. Somehow though, I can't seem to like those blanks - they're a bit too "Halloweeny" or "psychedelic" for me. Or summat like that, anyway. LOL!

Bob.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
That kit looks good dad, I think and hope Dan has got it right with this one.
The blanks looks so bloody terrible I can't look at them init?

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
I like your variety Woody very nice....Is it possible to use ink converter with this kit? :banana::banana:
Ink converters can be used, with the proviso of course that it is a fountain pen! The reason for that comment is that the rollerball that Woody has made is not available in that plating combination as a fountain pen. Why? No idea! But would suspect that they haven't made the nib feeder housing in the rhodium plating at the moment.

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Nicely done Woody though not keen on the top blank.
It's a relief to hear that even "The Master" has the odd hiccup though:funny:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Woody I agree with your own comments only a mother would love those children on first blush however I know a lot of people who would be highly impressed to own those pens, leaving it to non penturners is quite the definitive experience then it becomes like motor cars who can tell what moves the buyers.

Like the way you conquered the good ones felt the agony of the cracked one. Thanks for your show and tell.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).