• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

new to forum

TomP

Registered
First Name
Tom
Time to introduce myself:

I have been turning pens for a little over a year. I began with slimline, but found the pen inserts intolerable. I have switched to anything which will hold a Parker refill, and prefer to use Space Pen refills in them. I don't know why there are not more designs which will hold these inserts. Pretty pens are great, but if they skip or don't write immediately, I find them to be worthless.

Hoping to learn more from you all, and maybe I can contribute something.

I am located in Helena, Montana, USA

TomP

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Hello and welcome Tom hope you enjoy your stay. But beware there are a load of nutters on here but we all like to have a bit of fun and plenty of banter as well as some serious turning or making of different things.

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Tom,welcome, this lot are a bunch of loons, hope you enjoy this forum, it's in keeping with the Brits sense of humour, bizarre and not very serious!

Look forward to seeing some of your work.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Welcome Tom. There is nothing wrong with the slimlines apart from the refill which you can easily change for a better quality one. Beware of anyone who says they're not insane on this forum :thumbs:

Of course I'm not insane :funny:

AllenN

Fellow
First Name
Allen
Welcome Tom. You will find the forum very useful I am sure. I guess we in the UK are lucky in that we have a number of suppliers who are really trying to push the quality barriers. You will find them searching through these pages. Have fun. Allen

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome to the forum.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).