• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Wotcha - another newbie here.

Chillicamper

Registered
First Name
David
Hi. I'm Dave, from Hampshire and I am a VW camper addict.......ooops, wrong forum :goesred:

I've started turning pens and other bits n pieces in the last 6 months or so.

I also like pyrography (gotta be careful of the spell checker with that one :winking: ) and VW campers.

My time is spend with my wife and 2 kids and working to find money to keep my 40 yr old camper on the road. I also like Mexican foods........hence the name Chillicamper.......I'm not very imaginative.

I used to work in forestry/tree surgery and landscaping till I bust my shoulder to badly. I've been stuck in an office for too long and working with wood is a way of being a bit more practical again.

Anyhoooooo......I'm off to mooch around the site and probably ask some dumb questions.

Treeesa

Graduate Member
First Name
Andy
Hi Dave. Welcome to the forum. I'm just over the border from you, plenty of great tips and help on here :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Dave from where I sit you are va long distance away but for the magic of this site you live next door welcome mate make yourself comfortable wood spoken here.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

AllenN

Fellow
First Name
Allen
Hi Dave. Welcome to the forum. You will find a wealth of useful information on this site especially for beginners, which is how I classify myself. Some of the work is simply amazing but certainly tempts you to have a go. Have fun.
Allen

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
40 year old camper van and polarography eh???

You sound a right weirdo init?
I am sure you will fit in well with the loonytoons in ear init?

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Bloody Nora another right royal nutter as Brian said you should fit in well with the plonkers club Terry another for you mate
Welcome to the house of fun good to have you join us I'm sure you will fit in well

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Welcome to the asylum. Sounds like you'll fit in quite well :thumbs:
As for living in Hampshire and the VW campervan ....... Are you sure your not my brother????? :thinks:
He lives in Gosport and has a 1950's Splitscreen campervan he has totally rebuilt over the last 10 years :rolling:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Hi and welcome to the nut house. We have a VW event down in this part of the country.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Welcome to the worlds premier site for just about anything. Any questions you ask will always be answered by one one of the inmates. :funny::funny:

How about some pics of the camper.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome to the forum, David. I am surprised you have two hobbies that are black holes for poring money in a VWC and woodturning.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).