• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My last 3 M3 metal pens

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I have had a few enquires about turning these blanks so today I took some photos of turned blanks straight of the tools I find they are easer to turn than a lot of acrylic blanks the first photo is the finish from a carbide tip tool
DSCF1495.JPG
THIS ONE IS STRAIGHT OF THE SKEW
DSCF1497.JPG
AND THE TYPE OF SHAVINGS THEY BOTH PRODUCE WHICH DON'T CLOG UP THE ENDS OF THE MANDREL AS MUCH AS ACRYLIC
DSCF1496.JPG
There I have to be honest I love turning this stuff here are the finished pens Black and blue, red & gold & red & blue all on Dan's Zeta kit enjoy
DSCF1498.JPGDSCF1499.JPGDSCF1500.JPGDSCF1501.JPGDSCF1502.JPG
One more photo to come post is full up

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Hi, Woody,

All well made, as one would expect from the Master, but the only one I really like as a pattern is 3&4 in your piccy. However, I deffo would not pay the price -there are far nicer ones on the market in cheaper materials

Bob.

Tephy

First Name
Steve
The blue ones are superb ... the others are good as well but I really do like the blue ones best :thumbs::winking:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Hi, Woody,

All well made, as one would expect from the Master, but the only one I really like as a pattern is 3&4 in your piccy. However, I deffo would not pay the price -there are far nicer ones on the market in cheaper materials

Bob.

It was just to satisfy my curiosity Bob and they didnt cost me a penny thanks to my darling Violet but I did enjoy turning them

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I like the black and blue blank much more than the others, they are all nice, but the black/blue really stands head and shoulders above.

Peter

Jim

Grand Master
A nice trio of pens Woody, i have never used these blanks myself (Yet) so thanks for the quick review .. :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Lots of positives from your comments observations and especially pictures Woody wondering went out the window and knowledge rushed in. Like that calendar easy2c. Many thanks Woody.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
They still don't jump out at me as being that nice dad, I need to have one in my hand before I commit to them.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).