• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Aussie tasmanian blackwood figured.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
THis timber has so many variations this blank chokkas with wild grain.

Years ago I was in Tassie at a mill and a mate turned up from my Wood Guild in Canberra with his wife he bought a huge stick of Blackwood and it was up high in the stacks on the way down it slipped off the forks of the loader and rang like a bell on the concrete floor with a lot of help he put it in his caravan on the floor I can still hear his wifes expressions at the time.The sound was like steel as it hit the ground. Makes beautiful sought after furniture.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

Attachments

• DSCF0022.JPG
    DSCF0022.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCF0020.JPG
    DSCF0020.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCF0023.JPG
    DSCF0023.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 58

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I have turned a few bit of tazy blackwood I was surprised with my first ever bit how can you have brown blackwood LOL love your pen peter is as good as any I have had wel done mate

Jim

Grand Master
Nicely shaped pen Peter, if you hadn't of told us what the wood was i would have gone with Walnut ... :goesred: Love the pen and finish my friend .. :thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
That is a cracking blank Peter, yet another antipodean wonder wood turned into a lovely pen :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).