• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Worktop Streamline

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Put a bit of Walnut worktop on one of Dan's Streamlines.

wworktop_640x96.jpg

wworktop1_640x94.jpg

wworktop2_640x107.jpg

The blank was cut from one edge of the joint so the fingers are only equal either side of the clip.
might have to try an equal one, as well as drilling through at different angles to see what it's like.

Les ELm

Executive Member
First Name
Les
Interesting looking bland.
I gently round over the blank ends where they meet the center band to match the center band profile rather than leave a sharp edge.

Les

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Neil the pens came up well lately I have been increasing the body sizes of my Slims with the streamline centre bands that creates a dip to the centre band you have lightly rounded the ends on yours to simulate half of the ring shape the band has and I like that when photographing these pens that band area goes fuzzy with reflections every which way sometimes and I know they come up much better in the hand. Cutting every which way can reveal hidden features especially angle cut.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Very nice Neil, you can make some very interesting pens using that worktop, especially as you say you will be using some different cuts, this is nice but i look forward to seeing some other with a new cut on them .. :thumbs:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
You don't need to wait until you get a kitchen fitted. Like flooring, samples are available, most free but usually have to pay postage.
There is one, can't quite remember which at the minute, who charges £5 for each 200 x 150 x 40 sample but posts free and they have wenge, walnut, zebrano, cherry, maple and oak.
A fiver for maybe 18 - 20 xcut blanks at 20 x 20 x 150 seems like good value to me:wink:

Just found the link Kitchen Worktop Samples - Worktop Express

Last edited:
Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).