• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Concavia

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
A summat wood burr on a Concavia. The wood was as rotton as it comes and full of worm holes but they've given this a lot of nice features. As Woody found being the first to turn one of these on the forum the top end doesn't suit the concaved bit so I've left it straight. I also didn't taper the bottom end all the way as I thought it made them look too skinny. These are lovely kits if you haven't tried one with a spring loaded clip and even the tubes are supplied roughed up.

I even changed the cone for a bit of acrylic especially for Bob :thumbs:

Attachments

• 463a.jpg
    463a.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 85

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Thats bloody gorgeous mate! And the alterations to the shape have done the overall pen no harm at all :bravo:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Paul thats a neat way to display the pen it diminishes the size of the cap in relation to the body of the pen real work on that blank seems like has paid dividends. Finish is exemplary.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
You've made a grand job of that Paul.
I've not done any of these but think it does look better in this style.

Jim

Grand Master
I agree that the way you have turned it does look good Paul, but i will have to make one of these kits to comment on it. Seeing them they look top heavy but it is hard to judge from an image, so if Woody and yourself say they are quality, then i must give them a go .. :thumbs:

The wood and finish is also bang on .. :thumbs:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
:thumbs: Thanks Paul, I can sleep easy now. Have you mellowed in your old age? I was looking for something hidden in the stand:whistling:

I love the blank, bet it was a bitch to turn and you've produced a great finish. I bought a couple of those kits from Vince a while ago so must try one.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
:thumbs: Thanks Paul, I can sleep easy now. Have you mellowed in your old age?

Fear not Bob, I was trying to find something but could only think of things that would probably end up with the image being removed and a call from the police or Allan Ki Eda :funny:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).