• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Collet Pieces

Jim

Grand Master
I was asked the other day if i wanted these, there no good to me at the minute as i don't know what is needed to use them ... :thinks:

collets.jpg

collet.jpg

collet_pieces.jpg

Jim

Grand Master
lol, i just got them Frankie, i am hoping to use them once i get to know what is needed ... :thumbs:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Jim, they are either ER25 or ER32 (The three little ones on the right are a different size to the others). Clean them up, get a collet chuck and you're in business. In essence as long as you have the right size you can use it to chuck things up in the lathe. Because you get much better contact with the workpiece they are much better than a three- or four-jaw scroll chuck. Frankie, how would Jim measure to see what size collets they are?

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark

Jim

Grand Master
Thanks for the links and comments guys, i will keep a look out for a chuck and keep you posted ... :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).