• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Its snowing up t'North

ni9eofse7en

Registered
First Name
John
Just a quick intro. I started turning at Morley Grammar School back in the 70's, then took a forty year break, and came back to it about 3 years ago. Until yesterday I was a virgin pen turner now I have done three, all slimline, all in wood using no more than a roughing gouge, a skew and sandpaper to shape. Like most newbies you are always learning, which means I spend a lot of time looking and reading and little time doing, but when I get to create I just loose myself in time and then wonder where it all went, especially at this time of year.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont need a shed near my house, I need a workshop with a bed.

Attachments

• First pens.jpg
    First pens.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 59

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Welcome to the forum John. If you life up near the Arctic what do you expect but snow????? its nice and sunny and I'm sitting in the garden here in Sunny Somerset with a nice Pina Colada... well I would be if it was warmer and not raining and I liked Pina Colada :funny:

A good start to your pen making with those 3, what woods have you used? :thumbs:

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Welcome to the Forum John. Some good looking pens you have done there mate. You will find tons of good advice and plenty of banter on here.

:camera:Vic

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Hi and welcome to the mad house of which you will find plenty of nutters as well as a few plonkers which you need to be voted in by the plonker club chairman.

Some good looking first batch of pens

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Welcome to the Asylum John :thumbs:
As you can see from paulm's reply we let the inmates use the internet at this establishment :wink::funny:
Don't worry some of us are sane (twitch, twitch). Enjoy your stay and watch out for head nurse Jim with the medication :whistling::funny:

Oh and a nice trio of pens :thumbs:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome to the forum, pens look okay.

Peter

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the forums John, three nice pens to get you started my friend .. :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
John still early morning here sitting in minimum clothing warm as with a tinge of cool in our summer neat intro with your first three you defeated this right away:nopics: a favourite comment first up welcome from over here mate have fun along the way. The suggestion has been made to me get a bed out there in the workshop.Three very credit worthy pens.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).