• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Welsh Woodcraft Weekend Photos

johnny5

Registered
Just come back from the National Botanical gardens of Wales.
Here are a few photos. There was a lot more going on just didn't take that many photos.

P1173504.JPGP1173505.JPGP1173506.JPGP1173507.JPGP1173509.JPGP1173510.JPGP1173511.JPG

I went early morning , there was a good size crowd as i was leaving .
Not a bad show , there were also stands from Charnwood , Robert Sorby and Timberman.
All i bought was a 9 inch wide by 24 inch long x 1 inch thick piece of London Plane for a Tenner .
Will get a few pen blanks out of that hopefully.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Some nice stuff there for sure. I guess thats Isca selling those Banksia Nuts at that price.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Johnny I am indebted to you for your wonderful pics and slice of life over your way mate noticed the elusive burl and wonderful Banksia nut from Western Australia both a hell of a long way from Australia very nostalgic. SWMBO has given me the red light alert to get moving. Wonderful peep at the event mate.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

johnny5

Registered
The show is open again today from 10am
£2 entry at the National Botanical gardens of Wales.
Not as many stalls as last year but good quality and well attended yesterday.

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Some great photos Johnny :thumbs:
I particularly like the tools and the carved spoons :love_it:
But I can't believe the prices of those burrs and banksia nots :shocking:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).