• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Morning guys! New here

lksopener

Apprentice Member
Hello everyone,

I am just joining to appreciate the work of you guys turning out some brilliant creations.

I was led to the site by Matty d and I have a pen from Matt which is a pleasure to use.

I'm hoping there's perhaps someone in my area who could give me a pen making demo, I'm just round the corner from turners retreat so could supply what's needed if anyone is local. I would like to try to see if I am competent before buying lots of equipment!

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
Morning mate...

Glad you founds us...

There a good bunch on here, and I am sure there is a kind sole that will be only to happy to give you a demo.....:devil:

If there are no forthcoming offers, i will promise to impose my poor humour on them for months....:face:

mervyn cadman

lksopener welcome in I'm new here too - first day an all that! But tomorrow you’ll be swinging from the rafters.

Welcome in mate

Mervyn

PS if you do start this crazy turning lark and decide to buy the tools need I have loads of old wooden pen blanks you can practice on FREE just pay the postage - I think I have some already tubed up.

Regards Merv
:thinks::thinks::bwink::bwink:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Morning and welcome! Have you had a good sniff of Matty's pen and can you report back on any odours detected?

Sorry, it was 'is threat of poor humour wot dun it ...

:ave_it:

I think you might be in luck - the Master himself (Jim) lives within striking distance of TR. Terry made out like a bandit on a recent visit to 'is Nibs!

Oh, and don't worry about being incompetent - that has never held me back ...

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Welcome mate, if Jim can't do it, i will make arrangements to have you over. :bwink:

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the forums lksopener, i am only 30 minutes down the A1 and available any weekend for you to pop over .. :bwink:

lksopener

Apprentice Member
Thanks so much for the offers guys ill be in touch with you.

Thanks for recommending me to the forum matt.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).