• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Colt 5 Star Pen Maker’s Bit

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Do you use them? I have two sizes, the 7mm and the 10mm for the use with Sierra's. I can make a full pass thru acrylic pen blanks using a speed of 1000rpm, thou if i need to do two halves i reduce the speed to 800rpm and let the tool cool down a little as the acrylic will stick to the drill when over heating.

They are a very good drill and well worth the cost in my opinion. :thumbs:

The 10mm bit, the length of the drill is 150 mm

View attachment 42

Jim

Grand Master
Agree mate, they are a great drill, brilliant with the acrylic blanks, i use it at a speed of 1500rpm for the 7mm holes, 1000 rpm on the 10mm ones, all done with one pass. :goesred:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
I bought one of these a few weeks ago, used it for the first time yesterday and got to say i was very impressed. I ran the lathe at 1000 rpm and the drill went through the acrylic blank like butter. :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).