• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Saint Andrews Flag shaving set

mervyn cadman

Here's my other love of turning most of you now have gathered that I mess around with casting resin, I made the brush set totally from one cast sorry that’s a lie I cast the white cross first then recast it into the blue resin (no segments were cut for this brush) it was all casting, the handle and stand stem were segments that I cut at 45 degrees with blue and white resin blanks that I made for this project.

The white cross was cast in a square form then cut and glued together to make a symmetrical cross then place in a homemade mould and then the blue resin was cast around the cross I have also made the Saint Georges Cross in the same way.

The Saint Andrews Flag shaving set was sent to Scotland for a customer.

The Razor is the Mach3 and the brush hair is Silvertip.

Comments welcomed guys.

Best regards Mervyn

England V Scotland :thumbs::down:

mervyn cadman

Hi guys thanks again, no there not that difficult to make dead simple really with right equipment although most pen turners with have the gear to make them, mandrel, chucking system, Jacobs chuck, tap sets and a few other bits.
The kits you can get from TR - Axminster tools, I'm working on developing the Fusion razors I have designed a chucking sytem that alows me to turn the blank in one go with a closed end at the handle, at some point I will post this when it's done.

my video shows the basics here on youtube

Turning Shaving Sets - YouTube

I will answer any questions or concerns that people have.

Regards Merv

mervyn cadman

Walter the chuck is the Supernova (Record) with the jaws that came with it - not too sure what ones they are without looking at the case I think its the G3 series I also bought a set of nylon jaws which I turned to what I need to hold.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).