• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Yew Root

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I think this is Yew Root. Its from a large lump of wood that was amongst a lot I was given last year. At first I thought it was Olive Root but changed my mind after sawing some of it up. I think its a root anyway it certainly looks twisted and knarly like a root. This is the end piece from one of the bits I'd cut into blanks and yet again it was a bit that nearly ended in the bin but thought I'd try it anyway. I don't know why I keep using these crappy bits as I've a good selection cut from the root and probably another 50 or so from the rest of it, I just cant chuck wood away.

Attachments

• yew root.jpg
    yew root.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 68

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Paul that is stunning mate I for one am glad you didn't throw it away I love it

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Another stunner mate. It almost looks liquid, like you could put your finger through it. :bravo: sir!!:thumbs:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
If that is your throw away wood just send it to me:funny::funny::funny:

Seriously Paul that is just amazing maybe you should think about keeping this type and throwing the rest

Jim

Grand Master
What ever it is i am glad it didn't end up in the bin my friend .. It is a cracker .. :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Paul sinuous veins colour in abundance polished to mirror finish designed to perfections nothing to dislike in this pen mate getting betterer as you go along I am with the sentiment follow the music it is composed.

Peter.:claps::claps:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).