• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Final failure but a first for me

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Here's my last attempt at a closed end, thank heavens the comps ended before I have a breakdown!

Was doing well until I got a little enthusiastic with the drill bit which just dimpled the closed end, could have got away with it but decided to make my first ever normal brass pen and I'm pretty pleased with the result on a sedona.

Attachments

• brass a.jpg
    brass a.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 57
  • brass b.jpg
    brass b.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 57

Jim

Grand Master
Now i love this Pen Bob, i have got to really like the Sedona pen, though i have never made one. I bought some a few months ago after being inspired by what i have seen on these forums .. A great looking pen indeed .. :thumbs: Was the Brass solid BTW .. :nooidea:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Now i love this Pen Bob, i have got to really like the Sedona pen, though i have never made one. I bought some a few months ago after being inspired by what i have seen on these forums .. A great looking pen indeed .. :thumbs: Was the Brass solid BTW .. :nooidea:

Yes Jim, a bit of a waste really as it was a piece of 22mm bar but all I had. Can't even remember where it came from I've had it so long - must have been a freebie though:thumbs: I did put a large sheet of paper under and saved most of the cuttings which will come in handy sometime.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Wow Bob that is fantastic I must say I'm glad it went wrong so we can see this little beauty I love it mate bloody well done fantazmagorical

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Wow Bob that is fantastic I must say I'm glad it went wrong so we can see this little beauty I love it mate bloody well done fantazmagorical

Thanks Woody, big learning curve for me mate:banana:
I meant to ask you, can you pm me a link to where I can buy some of the carbide tips. I want to buy some spares plus a couple of round ones as well. It's a great tool btw and I doubt I could have turned either the brass or aluminium pens without it.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
That's gorgeous, Bob, you really shouldn't call them failures, it is just a design change. You are welcome:thumbs:

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).