• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A very simple non kit pen

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
This is one of the simplest non kit pens to make and will give you a good insight into going further. I made this is in brass, but have also made them in aluminium and stainless. I got the idea from Skiprat's site.

Peter

DSC_0265.jpg
DSC_0263.jpg

Jim

Grand Master
haha, i had to look twice to see it was a pen .. Great idea Peter, i love it .. :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
WE all owe a great debt to Steven (Skiprat) such a pioneer and all round good guy. Neat brass pen Peter it appeals to me.

Peter.:claps:

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
That's a great job Peter. Looks superb. Theres something deliciously victorian with the polished brass on this one :bravo:

trapper

Registered
Simple is best, that's why I'm glad to be simple lol. That is a pen of excellence....... It also proves I'm not the only whacko who will try to make a pen out of anything. Brilliant work I enjoy the challenge of such items far more satisfying than skinning a kit in my opinion. For others who dont know him skiprat can be found via IAP (international association of pen turners) as Peter says he is a fantastic bloke has given me a lot of coaching encouragement and knowledge why because he just loves helping

Good work ney excellent work Peter:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).