• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Omega in Castellano...

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Hi, Guys,

Several years back Lord Woody sent me a box of goodies (when he thought his wood-working days were over - they weren't, thank God!) In among the other stuff were several sticks of Castellano box wood (highly prized by musical instrument makers). I've made some nice pens from them, and I think this is the last stick I had left. It's a lovely wood to turn, and shines up beautifully. Grits to 600, white spirit to pop the grain, and about six coats of friction polish. Voila!

Castellano Omega 2..JPG

Castellano Omega 1..JPG

This looks a bit like PaulM's cherry Jnr. Gents he's posted.

Bob.​

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Very Nice.

Peter

Jim

Grand Master
That is a cracking pen Bob .. This is the first that i have seen with this wood and agree with the others that it makes a great looking pen my friend .. :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).