• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Jr gents in Bamboo and chrome

trapper

Registered
Here is an example of Lidl Bamboo re purposed as pens sorry for the crop on the picture but it would not upload otherwise

Attachments

• 026.JPG
    026.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 78

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
OOOOOOO, could you take a picture of it on a plain background? :thumbs:

It looks good but its difficult to see it properly as it is.

trapper

Registered
Sorry no can do I sold the pair before Christmas to a customer in Australia. I'll see if I can edit the pic through photoshop and re post it with the stand base toned down

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
They look great, shame about the background.

Try cutting some of them cross cut at 90 deg and maybe some at 45 deg. harder to turn but some great effects

Baldy

Fellow
First Name
Graeme
They look great, shame about the background.

Try cutting some of them cross cut at 90 deg and maybe some at 45 deg. harder to turn but some great effects
Wish I read this before I cut my lid boards up...

trapper

Registered
I love turning cross grain and end grain pieces I'm trying to work out an inside out turned pen at the mo....... well seemed like something worthy of a ponder normally something I've done for candlesticks and light stands just not sure if i can achieve it in miniature. not sure what woods to use for i either

trapper

Registered
Just try this cut across the end grain, get a jar of ink or dye stand the bamboo in it the ink or whatever should climb up the fibers of the Bamboo I only know as a result of a dye spill in the workshop which got at the bamboo I had.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).