• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

photography setup

Alanp

Registered
First Name
ALAN
Here is a pen i made some time ago but what is different is i have now got myself a light tent and have spoke to Vic who told me how to go about taking pics of pens so here is my picture following Vics advice just wonder what everyone thinks

DSC_0015.jpg

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It looks good, but it is a little light, nothing that a quick tweak wouldn't put right. You have a good teacher in Vic.

Sorry, I was looking at it on the laptop and the screen wasn't at the right angle, It's spot on exposure wise.

Peter

Twister

Registered
First Name
Steve
I am no expert Vic is the man

have you got the light a bit high so that it is casting a shadow half way down the pen?

just a thought

Steve

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
That looks good :thumbs:
As nobody else has mentioned this, it must be my eyesight but the bottom of the pen looks slightly out of focus :thinks:
If it isn't my eyesight, try adjusting your depth of field slightly :whistling:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
That looks good :thumbs:
As nobody else has mentioned this, it must be my eyesight but the bottom of the pen looks slightly out of focus :thinks:
If it isn't my eyesight, try adjusting your depth of field slightly :whistling:

I didn't mention it as I am sure Vic will get that under control, but as a first outing it is great.

Peter

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I may need to go to specsavers as it looks great to me well done Alan and well done Mr expert Vic

donwatson

Fellow
First Name
Donald
It looks a nice pen to me :thumbs: and the picture is good
My light tent arrived today so I am ready to take a few pictures, I will post them after I have a word with Vic the Pic :whistling:

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
I didn't mention it as I am sure Vic will get that under control, but as a first outing it is great.

Peter

:thinks:Depth of Field:thinks: Beyond me that one, wouldn't have a clue, unless its how far you sink in on a wet rugby pitch !!!!

:camera:Vic the (basic) Pic:camera:

broadsea

First Name
John
I think that whoever came up with the original tips on taking photos should share on a separate post or in the tutorials.:thinks:

Alanp

Registered
First Name
ALAN
Thanks for all the positive comments i will have a play later and do a bit of tweaking all the credit must go to vic for putting me on the right track on my own i was miles off course.

this is the light tent i bought its bigger than i need but the wife will also use it for her embroidery and quilting projects or when I'm in the s..t i can camp out in it

Tabletop 80cm Light Tent Cube Boxes Set 5500K Softbox with Tent Lamps Stands | eBay

Jim

Grand Master
It sure is a quality picture Alan, just minor tweaks as already stated and you have it cracked .. It is good to see that both teachers and info is shared to help this happen .. :thumbs:

ooops, nearly forgot .. Nice pen also Alan, if it helps, i made a similar one to this that sold very quickly .. :thumbs:

ni9eofse7en

Registered
First Name
John
Looks like a fair bit of kit for the brass. A light tent, 2 x 5500k bulbs, 2 x holders, 2 x mini tripods and other bits. What's the build quality like and how small does it go to store away? Thanks in advance.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).