• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Omega's today

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
Lovely pens Ray. It's a shame that they appear a bit out of focus at one end but good work nevertheless !!!:thumbs:
Terry, it's the damn auto focus on my SLR keeps focusing on one point or another so if I move the camera to focus on one point it throws another out of focus and so on.

Bloody Hell Ray av you got a pen factory going on their ! They are very nice though !

:bwink:Vic:bwink:

It feels that way Vic, I also made 7 Exec Sierra's today and there's 15 Jnr Gents on the bench and 16 streamlines and 24 slimlines plus 8 or 10 Bullets to complete before the end of this Monday. That's make about 150 pens in a week. :rolling:

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
Cracking pens Ray, some very nice woods there & all nicely finished too. Good luck with the fair.

Turn the autofocus off on your camera & I think you need the lens opening a bit (The higher the F number the more depth of field you get) meaning more of your pen should be in focus.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
First round through that Palo Santo is a knockout mate so subtle and beautiful grain impressed by the Oak, Bubinga, Brazilian Brown Heart, Bubinga, Cocobolo, Fruited Mallee Burl, Different Olive Wood, Rio Rosewood then the Thuya Burl. Each one following the Palo Santo is distinguished by their downright difference man you have so much to talk about this morning when the time comes surrounded by so many special pens on your stall there is a story to tell of the jungles, plains exotic locations, countries you have a novel to relate.

I am very moved by your pens a busy very busy day ahead I slept in two hours this morning. Wonderful group I do thank you Ray and congratulate you again.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: one for every pen mate.

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
First round through that Palo Santo is a knockout mate so subtle and beautiful grain impressed by the Oak, Bubinga, Brazilian Brown Heart, Bubinga, Cocobolo, Fruited Mallee Burl, Different Olive Wood, Rio Rosewood then the Thuya Burl. Each one following the Palo Santo is distinguished by their downright difference man you have so much to talk about this morning when the time comes surrounded by so many special pens on your stall there is a story to tell of the jungles, plains exotic locations, countries you have a novel to relate.

I am very moved by your pens a busy very busy day ahead I slept in two hours this morning. Wonderful group I do thank you Ray and congratulate you again.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: one for every pen mate.

Cheers Peter, praise indeed mate. I'll have a few more woods to show tomorrow when I've done the Jnr Gents. They're almost all from Dave, Lignaterrae, he has such a great selection of woods available and great value too. :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Thanks for that Steven, I'll give it a go :thumbs:

When you want to increase depth of field you ....close down the lens making sure you increase the light accordingly the effect on you when you squint for the time being its easier to bring the two closer to one line parrallel with the Camera. Look up depth of field on Google mate. On most cameras F2 something or higher number is wide open. Talk to Vic the Pic ask him how he was carefully coached to where his pics are now beaut. Thanks Vic.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
While I was laboriously typing several more replies came in tell Dave of the exciting timber he deserves a medal, Steven what I do on my camera is use the setting marked P on my camera after using another setting called plus and minus like a ying yang mark that allows me to set the F stop as high as I can at the expense of speed compelling me to use a tripod with my shaky hold. I then have the facility to go on a scale marked plus or minus still using Auto Focus the compromises yield a choice of pics to view in the library of Picassa 3 that I use as so many UK people say like the Meercat ads here Thimple. Now my camera is a cheap one an old S602Z Finepix Fujifilm I have taken the liberty of showing with this few words to show an oft shown pic to give you an idea of compromises easily obtained and to me quite pleasing.

I agonised before doing this forgiveness Ray.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

Attachments

• DSCF0006.JPG
    DSCF0006.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 20

Jim

Grand Master
All look good and well turned Ray, i hope you do well at the fair my friend .. :thumbs:

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Some really nice pens there Ray :thumbs:

Turn the autofocus off on your camera & I think you need the lens opening a bit (The higher the F number the more depth of field you get) meaning more of your pen should be in focus.
I was going to advise the same. Set your camera to AV priority and take a number of photos at different settings from about F5.6 through to F22. The F stop number you need will vary dependant on the lens on your camera it's all trial and error. :wink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).