• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Jr. Gents

Kardav

the PENsioner
Fellow
First Name
Dave
Hi all, haven't posted any pens for a little while so thought it's about time I did. Bought some junior gents RB's from timberbits sometime last year, never made any before so finally got round to doing them this week. After reading all the past reports about these kits I was a little worried about the quality, but fortunately there were no problems whatsoever, with threads or plating etc. The first pen is dressed in Ekki, bought from our own Dave (Lignaterrae). I can certainly recommend Dave, his knowledge and stock of timber is extensive and matched only by his generosity.
The second is my favourite, clad in cross-cut laburnum from that other wonderful gentleman on this forum, Woody, thanks mate. This one is MINE.

Ekki JG.jpg

Xcut Lab JG.jpg

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
You did good there me lad lol two very nice pens no two bloody handsome pens I have to agree with you about Dave he dose sell some beautiful woods glad you like the laburnum I still have some slices of it from the end of a log to cut up into X cut pen blanks so if you need any more

Treeesa

Graduate Member
First Name
Andy
Nothing wrong there Dave. Both great and I also like that Laburnam cross cut. " Cross cut " Don't I sound like I know what I'm on about !!

Kardav

the PENsioner
Fellow
First Name
Dave
You did good there me lad lol two very nice pens no two bloody handsome pens I have to agree with you about Dave he dose sell some beautiful woods glad you like the laburnum I still have some slices of it from the end of a log to cut up into X cut pen blanks so if you need any more

Thanks mate, I might take you up on that offer, I'll have to pop in next time I'm that way (if you haven't moved by then!)

Kardav

the PENsioner
Fellow
First Name
Dave
Nothing wrong there Dave. Both great and I also like that Laburnam cross cut. " Cross cut " Don't I sound like I know what I'm on about !!

Nothing clever about it Andy, imagine a thick slice across a tree and then cut that into blanks.

Jim

Grand Master
Nothing wrong wiyh these Dave, very well turned and finished .. :wink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).