• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hi all from Cheshire

grandmia

Apprentice Member
First Name
stef
Hi Guys

Im a vintage fountain pen restorer and collector from Cheshire, and i also have my own YouTube channel were i upload pen reviews and " How to" videos.
I have recently experimented with a rather tatty Lamy pen with some lacquer work, which for my first attempt came out quite good.
However i would like to try and work on a Ebonite blank similar to the Japanese Maki-e pens. So can you chaps advise me whether any of the members sell basic clip less cigar shaped Ebonite pens that have literally just come off the lathe and without any kind of finish to the pen.
I am looking for a pen (blank canvass) so that i can try some finishes that i have in mind.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Stef

Jim

Grand Master
I can't help you with your request Stef, but maybe someone will be along shortly who can.. :thumbs:

bassethound

Executive Member
First Name
Ted
Hello Stef, welcome to the forum, like Jim I can't help you but I'm sure some of the members will be able to!...

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome to the forum, Stef. I think David (JimJam) has used ebonite, maybe he can help. What is your Youtube channel?

Peter

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Hi Stef, This all sounds a very interesting project... i made a buffalo horn pen for someone last year to try something similar it looked quite good,:bwink:

grandmia

Apprentice Member
First Name
stef
Hi all

Thank you all for your welcome comments. Hopefully some one will eventually be able to point me in the right direction.
Here is a video of my first experiment using a rather dented Lamy fountain pen. However i would like to create something a little better with a Ebonite pen, hence the request.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Hi all

Thank you all for your welcome comments. Hopefully some one will eventually be able to point me in the right direction.
Here is a video of my first experiment using a rather dented Lamy fountain pen. However i would like to create something a little better with a Ebonite pen, hence the request.

I don't know if you turn your own pens or not, if you just want an ebonite blank you can get them here

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).