• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Picador Lathe

Jim

Grand Master
Anyone ever heard of this lathe? I do believe it was about in the 1950's ... :nooidea:

picador_lathe.jpg

MikeD

Registered
I don't know the lathe but I have used Picador bearings and plummer blocks. As far as I know Picador Engineering still exist in Grimsby - they may be able to give you detailed in formation on the lathe. I think they used to sell kits for the home construction market

Jim

Grand Master
Why i am asking is that i picked up a few tools that i bought off ebay, and some picador parts are in with them so i was curious as all the parts had the Picador name and part number on them. So when i searched to see what it was i found this drawing... :bwink:

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
Jim the sander I refurbed is a picador made in England Im having troble finding the belts thuogh 780x 75/100 any ideas.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).