• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hi New Member here in Orrell

Clothahump

First Name
Mark
Hi All

Just joined the forum thanks to a chance meeting with Jim in Warrington to day.

I have just started my wood turning journey recently joined Wigan Woodcrafts which has been helpful in finding ones feet so to speak.
My lathe is an old Vicmarc VM100 is nice and small and runs beautifully having had a recent birthday I have now collected most of the basic tools to get started Chisels, sharpening gear and now some basic penkits and supplies will be action stations here.

Will be making a start in the garage tomorrow cannot wait o it is tomorrow correction will be today LOL

Anyway enough from me I'am sure I will have lots of noob questions to ask so stand by.

Regards

Mark

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Good to have you here Mark don't worry about noob questions most of the lads in here have heard them all so now the answers :thumbs:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome again, Mark, ask away, you might get some decent answers:banana:

Peter

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Welcome again Mark. Pictures we like pictures here. So why not show us some of your findings to date.
Oh by the way ... they are all mad in here. Except me and Jim, he's the chief warden :thumbs:

Treeesa

Graduate Member
First Name
Andy
Welcome Mark. This wood turning is like the Hotel California. You can't ever leave it ! Enjoy and ask away

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the forums Mark, it was good to meet you my friend .. :thumbs: As i said yesterday if you need anything to help with the pen turning habit, this is the place to ask .. :wink:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Hi Mark and welcome - enjoy. No going back now!

Jim
Are we so short of members, you feel the need to solicit on the streets of Warrington? I can put out a few flyers if you like:whistling::funny:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).