• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My first attempts - Pen turning course at Turners Retreat.

AndyC65

First Name
Andy
First off, I have to say it was an enjoyable experience.

The course was taken by Keith who had a wealth of experience - as you would expect.

Thinking of going to the club tonight (Heart of Oak?) - anyone know if they have a webpage or what time they kick off?

Anyway - to the pens.

Matching Pen & Pencil in Kingwood - the kit Flat top American Twist Pencil & Fountain pen. Not sure of the acrylic kit. Not so sure I'll be making too many more either - really didn't get much out of the turning experience, but the end result may just have swayed me.

Attachments

• IMG_0303.jpg
    IMG_0303.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0304.jpg
    IMG_0304.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0305.jpg
    IMG_0305.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0307.jpg
    IMG_0307.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0309.jpg
    IMG_0309.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0310.jpg
    IMG_0310.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0311.jpg
    IMG_0311.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 63

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Hi, Andy,

Very commendable first efforts, matey! I can't see anything to be sorry about with this pair. A stirling effort, Andy!!!

Bob.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
A lovely trio of pens there Andy. Now to fly solo eh? what pens are you going to make first?

AndyC65

First Name
Andy
A lovely trio of pens there Andy. Now to fly solo eh? what pens are you going to make first?

Thanks Paul,

One thing the course did show me is that my technique is rusty - so I think I'll be spending some time coming back up to speed by making shavings for a while.

I really do like thefountain pens, and am looking for a top of the range kit for that - with a burr wood of some kind.

Lots of practising first!

cheers,

Andy C

Kardav

the PENsioner
Fellow
First Name
Dave
Great first effort mate, all well turned and finished. (The acrylic looks like a Streamline)
Told you you'd enjoy it! :thumbs::thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Difficult to photograph that timber Andy you sure conveyed it well. Thanks for signing off on your course interesting observations.the next thousand will be exciting I predict.Impressed with the pens.

Peter:thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).