• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Andy Murray

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
I see Andy Murray is doing well at Wimbledon and has gone from scottish to british in the papers. Give it a few more days and when he gets beat he'll be back to scottish again. However he may just win this year and be given the ultimate accolade - we'll declare him a yorkshireman.

keith

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
I see Andy Murray is doing well at Wimbledon and has gone from scottish to british in the papers. Give it a few more days and when he gets beat he'll be back to scottish again. However he may just win this year and be given the ultimate accolade - we'll declare him a yorkshireman.

keith

And that makes you Welsh Keith!!!!!!:face::face::face:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
I've lived in North Wales now for nearly 30 years Terry and I love the place but there's only one 'gods country'. This whole subject of people adopting countries I think is wrong. I went to a rugby union match in Wrexham about 12 years ago, it was Japan against Western Samoa. There were two kiwi brothers playing, one for Japan and the other for Samoa - total joke. Does anybody remember Vinny Jones playing football for Wales standing there miming to Land of my Fathers.

keith

ps I'm still fighting the wars of the roses - in a nice way of course.

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
I've lived in North Wales now for nearly 30 years Terry and I love the place but there's only one 'gods country'. This whole subject of people adopting countries I think is wrong. I went to a rugby union match in Wrexham about 12 years ago, it was Japan against Western Samoa. There were two kiwi brothers playing, one for Japan and the other for Samoa - total joke. Does anybody remember Vinny Jones playing football for Wales standing there miming to Land of my Fathers.

keith

ps I'm still fighting the wars of the roses - in a nice way of course.

And I'm a Geordie living in Yorkshire but I'll always be a Geordie!!!!!

Jim

Grand Master
I don't understand where all these axiom’s came from Keith, do you ... :devil:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
So what am I then? Born in Zimbabwe to parents from Yorkshire, raised in Durban (known in Safferland as The Last Outpost of the British Empire), now living in Hampshire for twelve years ... Who do i shout for when England play South Africa? When Hants play Yorks? I'm like a chameleon on a box of Smarties!

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
I read the link Mark provided and still don't understand it.
David, if your parents are from yorkshire thats close enough mate.

keith

ps Murrays still british

Jim

Grand Master
So what am I then? Born in Zimbabwe to parents from Yorkshire, raised in Durban (known in Safferland as The Last Outpost of the British Empire), now living in Hampshire for twelve years ... Who do i shout for when England play South Africa? When Hants play Yorks? I'm like a chameleon on a box of Smarties!

David, i have searched google and found out your origin, you are actually known as the pen man from Zimyorkdurbhammy ... Hope this helps ... :thinks:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).